Welcome! My name is Ina Lasmane, MA, LMFT. I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice in Wayzata, Minnesota. You must be physically located within Minnesota, United States, to receive Telemental health services from me. The law currently does not allow me to practice psychotherapy outside of the state lines.
What is Telemental Health? It is a distance therapy that uses technology to meet the therapeutic needs of clients in a location different from the mental health professional. It is also called online therapy, e-counseling, teletherapy, telepsychology, telecare, or telemedicine. Telehealth can be synchronous or asynchronous. I use synchronous live video conferencing via SimplePractice, a HIPAA-compliant Telehealth platform.
You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a built-in camera, microphone, and good internet access to participate. A computer or a tablet is preferred over a smartphone due to a larger screen size. Some Telehealth features do not work on smartphones.
Benefits of Telemental Health
- Convenient, practical, and affordable
- It can save time and travel expenses to the therapist’s office
- It is comparable to in-person therapy
- It can help busy professionals access therapy during non-working hours
- Parents with no childcare or busy schedules can obtain services more easily
- People living in remote rural areas may have access to quality care.
- Homebound people and/or those with limited mobility can access care more easily
- Treatment can happen quicker in many cases using Telehealth
In addition, I have successfully adapted EMDR, Brainspotting, and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) to fit the technical specifications of Telemental Health. In many cases, clients prefer Telehealth over in-office therapy because they can telecommute from the comfort and safety of their home or office. The results appear comparable to in-person therapy.
Certain mental health conditions or concerns may not be suited for Telehealth. If you are interested in online therapy and have questions, please discuss them with me. Together we can determine if Teletherapy is a suitable therapy for you.
“… having new experiences in therapy is more useful than talking about old experiences!”