Welcome! My name is Ina Lasmane, MA, LMFT. I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice Minnetonka, Minnesota. You must be physically located within Minnesota, United States in order to receive Telemental health services from me. The law currently does not allow me to practice psychotherapy outside of the state lines.
What is Telemental health? It is a distance therapy that uses technology to meet the therapeutic needs of clients in a location different from the mental health professional either synchronously or asynchronously. I use synchronous live video conferencing via SimplePractice, a HIPAA compliant Telehealth platform.
In order to participate, you will need a computer, tablet or a smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone. You will also need a good internet connection. A computer or tablet is preferred over a smartphone due to a larger screen size. Some Telehealth features do not work on smartphones.
Benefits of Telemental Health
- Convenient, practical, and more affordable.
- Can save time and travel expenses to the therapist’s office.
- Has shown to be at least as comparable to in-person therapy.
- Can help busy professionals to access therapy during non-working hours.
- Parents with no childcare or busy schedules can obtain services easier.
- People living in remote rural areas may have access to quality care.
- People who are homebound and/or with limited mobility can access care easier.
- Treatment can happen quicker in many cases using Telemental health.
In addition, I have successfully adapted EMDR, Brainspotting and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) to fit the technology specification of Telemental health. In many cases clients prefer Telehealth over in-office therapy, because they can telecommute from a comfort of their home or office. The results appear as comparable to in-person therapy
Please note, that certain mental health conditions or concerns may not be suited for Telehealth. If you are interested in Telehealth and have questions, please discuss those with me. Together we can determine, if Telehealth is a suitable form of therapy for you.
“… having new experiences in therapy is more useful than talking about old experiences!”